• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

C? Refurbishments: What are they and what do they involve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
10 Mar 2015
Messages
771
I often see C4/C6 etc refurbishments for vehicles being posted here, what are the different stages and what happens at each of them? Is it set overall or does it vary by unit?

Realised today I havent got a clue :roll:

Thanks all!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigfoot

Established Member
Joined
2 Dec 2013
Messages
1,424
I believe they are just "exams" just that it's much more than a look about. There are as I understand it a and b exams too. But I too am interested to know exactly.
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,192
This 'glossary' regarding CX overhauls was posted in a thread of mine by fgwrich some time ago. Although I seem to recall a more extensive pdf document that was linked to me, I hope that this posting can be of use.
 

170399

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2007
Messages
82
Location
Norwich
Abellio Greater Anglia Class 170 Turbostars are going for C4 overhauls at Loughborough Brush and are getting new bogies and parts underneath the carriage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top