• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Buy *route Tilbury&Gravesend* ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkstudent

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2018
Messages
1,430
Location
SE London
I tried to buy a single from Ramsgate to Tilbury/Pitsea on next Tuesday. However, the SWR Waterloo ticket office staff say they cannot find it.

I know it's still on BRFARES.
Is there a way to buy it, as it's unlikely be able to generate an itinerary due to the lack of ferry timetable in rail journey planner.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,770
I tried to buy a single from Ramsgate to Tilbury/Pitsea on next Tuesday. However, the SWR Waterloo ticket office staff say they cannot find it.

I know it's still on BRFARES.
Is there a way to buy it, as it's unlikely be able to generate an itinerary due to the lack of ferry timetable in rail journey planner.
There's a chance that you might be able to get it through a TVM that allows 'tickets from another station' without using a journey planner.
 

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,283
Presume you can't just walk from Fenchurch Street to London Bridge when using the cheaper route "via Tilbury&Gravesend" ticket, provided of course that on your itinerary you still pass through both Tilbury and then Gravesend.
 

hkstudent

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2018
Messages
1,430
Location
SE London
There's a chance that you might be able to get it through a TVM that allows 'tickets from another station' without using a journey planner.
Any operators in London may have such TVM?
Of course, worst case scenario, I may buy on the day from Ramsgate TVM but that deprive me from any cancellation protection.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,770
Any operators in London may have such TVM?
Of course, worst case scenario, I may buy on the day from Ramsgate TVM but that deprive me from any cancellation protection.
I think the Scheidt & Bachmann TVMs operated by GTR and EMR *should* offer such an option.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I think the Scheidt & Bachmann TVMs operated by GTR and EMR *should* offer such an option.
Edit: I can confirm that you can buy this ticket from a GTR machine. Select tickets for future travel and then tickets from another station.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top