Alistair G.
Member
Hi guys,
Looking for some advice on best places to spot a few buses mainly.
End of Feb I have 2 day trip planned up to Edinburgh, stay over night, travel over to Glasgow in the morning and then home.
I won't get to Edinburgh until around 13:30 on day one and I'm only interested in the "big boys" (stagecoach/first etc, Lothian buses I'm not fussed about) can anyone recommend the best place to see these?
I'm also considering hoping on a local train to Dunfermline town as I know stagecoach have a depot that way, does anyone know if this would be a worthwhile journey or is it a fairly quiet area and not worth the hour travel I would lose going there and back?. Would I perhaps see the same stagecoach buses if I stayed in Edinburgh?.
On day 2 I only have roughly 1hr in Glasgow between train connections, I was thinking of going to Buchanan Street bus station but I'm coming in and departing out of Glasgow Central, so realistically I'm not sure how much time I would get at the bus station once I made it there. Is that the best place for number or can someone suggest just as good a place for bus numbers but nearer to Glasgow central station so I can get a little more time spotting.
Thanks guys.
Looking for some advice on best places to spot a few buses mainly.
End of Feb I have 2 day trip planned up to Edinburgh, stay over night, travel over to Glasgow in the morning and then home.
I won't get to Edinburgh until around 13:30 on day one and I'm only interested in the "big boys" (stagecoach/first etc, Lothian buses I'm not fussed about) can anyone recommend the best place to see these?
I'm also considering hoping on a local train to Dunfermline town as I know stagecoach have a depot that way, does anyone know if this would be a worthwhile journey or is it a fairly quiet area and not worth the hour travel I would lose going there and back?. Would I perhaps see the same stagecoach buses if I stayed in Edinburgh?.
On day 2 I only have roughly 1hr in Glasgow between train connections, I was thinking of going to Buchanan Street bus station but I'm coming in and departing out of Glasgow Central, so realistically I'm not sure how much time I would get at the bus station once I made it there. Is that the best place for number or can someone suggest just as good a place for bus numbers but nearer to Glasgow central station so I can get a little more time spotting.
Thanks guys.
