• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus Link of Drakelow

Status
Not open for further replies.

northern506

Member
Joined
17 May 2020
Messages
120
Location
The North
It looks like Bus Link of Drakelow are taking over the 77, 77A and X15 services which operate from Birmingham/Walsall to Sutton Coldfield.


This service will be operated by Stevensons Bus Services from 23 February 2025, with no changes to route or timetable.

I'm assuming by Stevensons, they are referring to Bus Link as Stevensons hasn't existed for a while as far as I'm aware.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,656
Location
Derby
It looks like Bus Link of Drakelow are taking over the 77, 77A and X15 services which operate from Birmingham/Walsall to Sutton Coldfield.




I'm assuming by Stevensons, they are referring to Bus Link as Stevensons hasn't existed for a while as far as I'm aware.
Well, the yellow buses may well carry the Stevensons fleet names.
 
Joined
7 Jan 2019
Messages
312
Location
West Midlands
It looks like Bus Link of Drakelow are taking over the 77, 77A and X15 services which operate from Birmingham/Walsall to Sutton Coldfield.




I'm assuming by Stevensons, they are referring to Bus Link as Stevensons hasn't existed for a while as far as I'm aware.
Interestingly there are two registered companies directed by James Boddice at the same address, there is Bus Link Ltd and Stevensons Bus Services Ltd. I don’t recall any mention of the latter until now, there must be a reason for the separate companies…

Bus Link - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14785274
Stevensons - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14579546
 

Trainman40083

Established Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
4,656
Location
Derby
Interestingly there are two registered companies directed by James Boddice at the same address, there is Bus Link Ltd and Stevensons Bus Services Ltd. I don’t recall any mention of the latter until now, there must be a reason for the separate companies…

Bus Link - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14785274
Stevensons - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14579546
One has two management staff, that being Buslink. Hasn't the operation covered rail replacement buses in recent times? I recall a Stevensons liveried bus working from Didcot.
 

Man of Kent

Member
Joined
5 Jul 2018
Messages
911
Interestingly there are two registered companies directed by James Boddice at the same address, there is Bus Link Ltd and Stevensons Bus Services Ltd. I don’t recall any mention of the latter until now, there must be a reason for the separate companies…

Bus Link - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14785274
Stevensons - https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/14579546
They have separate operating licences from different traffic areas, with Stevensons (PD2062904) based in Burton, not Drakelow (PC2065754).
 

Simon75

On Moderation
Joined
25 May 2016
Messages
1,527
They have separate operating licences from different traffic areas, with Stevensons (PD2062904) based in Burton, not Drakelow (PC2065754).
Burton will be under West Midlands (Staffordshire)and Drakelow under North West (Derbyshire)
 

Mkinson31422

On Moderation
Joined
24 Jul 2023
Messages
101
Location
Swadlincote
It looks like Bus Link of Drakelow are taking over the 77, 77A and X15 services which operate from Birmingham/Walsall to Sutton Coldfield.




I'm assuming by Stevensons, they are referring to Bus Link as Stevensons hasn't existed for a while as far as I'm aware.
One of the bus link drives has informed me that they are getting more buses soon so I’m guessing it’s for those new services.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I've heard that buslink have purchased 3 ex NXWM short E200s too be used in August when they can start operating in Burton and Swadlincote again:

The registration are:
SN61 DCF
SN11 BWJ
SN11 BWH
 
Last edited:

zkyx02

Member
Joined
26 Nov 2024
Messages
222
Location
Derby, Derbyshire
It looks like Bus Link of Drakelow are taking over the 77, 77A and X15 services which operate from Birmingham/Walsall to Sutton Coldfield.
The work has now been handed back to the authorities, not sure who’ll take it on now, but it won’t be buslink.
 

BusLink61

Member
Joined
1 Dec 2025
Messages
170
Location
Lichfield
Update will be provided at a later date

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

One of the Ex Newbury and District Wright Streetlites has entered service today (166 - SN14 FGO) this was the example on loan to Hulleys of Baslow last year.

Scania OmniCity 66 (YP58 UGF) has made a return to use.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top