• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bus/coach journeys which bring back bad memories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin1988

Member
Joined
17 Jul 2012
Messages
1,011
Location
Bristol
Does anyone have any bus/coach journeys which for whatever reason bring back bad memories?

The most significant one for me was on 11th March 2020 when I was riding the Megabus M38 route back from Nottingham to Bristol and shortly after setting off I heard the news that Coronavirus had officially been declared a pandemic. At the time I wasn't overly worried as I thought it would be like the Swine Flu experience but obviously the rest as they said was history. I still associate Megabus, Plaxton Elite vehicles and Nottingham with that moment.

I also have bad memories of Service 5 from Downend to Broadmead. Remember catching that service on the morning of 17th March 2020, the day after everyone had been told to stop non essential travel and will never forget the bus being really lightly loaded almost like it was christmas.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
15 Sep 2019
Messages
734
Location
Back in Geordieland!
Does anyone have any bus/coach journeys which for whatever reason bring back bad memories?

The most significant one for me was on 11th March 2020 when I was riding the Megabus M38 route back from Nottingham to Bristol and shortly after setting off I heard the news that Coronavirus had officially been declared a pandemic. At the time I wasn't overly worried as I thought it would be like the Swine Flu experience but obviously the rest as they said was history. I still associate Megabus, Plaxton Elite vehicles and Nottingham with that moment.

I also have bad memories of Service 5 from Downend to Broadmead. Remember catching that service on the morning of 17th March 2020, the day after everyone had been told to stop non essential travel and will never forget the bus being really lightly loaded almost like it was christmas.
Strange times indeed.

One of my earliest memories is the day we were on a trolley bus and my mother told me it was the last time as they were taking them off that day, I cried and cried.

I was 22 years old.

Not really, I was 4, but I thought it meant we could never go into the city again, I had no knowledge of these strange, diesel buses.
 

pitdiver

Established Member
Joined
22 Jan 2012
Messages
1,289
Location
Warsop Vale
As a child I ws with my mother on I think a 521 or 621 trolleybus in London. We stopped at a particular stop and just sat there. Eventually we were told that we would have to get off. Whilst exiting the bus we had to step over someone who had collapsed and died there on the bus.
 

bussnapperwm

Established Member
Joined
18 May 2014
Messages
1,527
One journey back in July 2013. I was on my way home from visiting my father in hospital when I had a phone call my mother to get back quickly as he'd taken a turn for the worse. Fortunately where my bus was I could alight and get the one going back in the opposite way but still arrived back at the hospital just as they had pronounced him dead.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top