• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Burton on Trent to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex17595

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Messages
1,160
Location
Burton on Trent
Hi, all I'm looking for the cheapest way to get into London on the 19th May from either Burton on Trent, Willington, Derby, Tutbury and Hatton + Tamworth.

I'm looking to be able to get to Kings cross in time for the Northbound Cheiftain. The best price I have come across so far is a £19 advance from Derby-Pancras on the 0500+0519 departures.

I have a YP railcard and I'm fine with advance tickets + travelling via the world if I have to. Just looking for a single.

Any advice is appreciated.


Thanks, Alex
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railwaymadness

New Member
Joined
9 Sep 2014
Messages
4
£19.15 would seem to be the cheapest single fare for Derby to London on the 19th May using a 16-25 rail pass
 

extendedpaul

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2010
Messages
706
Location
Caerphilly and Kent
Is it essential you join the Chieftain at Kings Cross ?

If not there are plenty of advances Burton to York for £12.30, or £52.20 for Burton to Inverness (if you're going that far) on the Chieftain from York, minus railcard discount.
 

alex17595

Member
Joined
15 Mar 2013
Messages
1,160
Location
Burton on Trent
Is it essential you join the Chieftain at Kings Cross ?

If not there are plenty of advances Burton to York for £12.30, or £52.20 for Burton to Inverness (if you're going that far) on the Chieftain from York, minus railcard discount.

Not essential but I some of the ECML I haven't done south of Doncaster.
I just realised that LM/XC advances have not yet been released for the 19th. Going by the week before advance Tamworth-London are £7.90 on early-ish trains, I can then get a cheap advance back from Glasgow.


I managed to do Tutbury-Inverness for £14.50 in January ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top