• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brussels - Aéroport Charles de Gaulle [TGV]

Status
Not open for further replies.

valedave

Member
Joined
12 Nov 2010
Messages
64
Location
Germany
Hi all,

I want to travel from Brussels Midi to Aéroport Charles de Gaulle this spring on the direct TGV that serves the airport before skirting around Paris and heading down to Marseille.

SNCF won't offer me a saver fare (Prems, or such like) for the journey between Brussels Midi and Aéroport Charles de Gaulle. Neither will Belgian railways. The fares are around €70 depending on what website you use. On SNCF, the only available fare for this route is the Loisir; no Prems are shown.

After a bit of playing around, I've found that both SNCF and SNCB will offer me a Prems fare for Brussels - Marne la Vallée (the next scheduled stop) at the cheapest price of €29.

My question is, if I bought a ticket to Marne la Vallée and simply got off at Charles de Gaulle, a) would I be breaking the conditions of carriage and b) if I was would anyone notice and/or care? There surely can't be any barriers at Charles de Gaulle TGV?

The reason I ask is because I would never think twice about doing this in Germany, but I know it's not allowed in the UK.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top