I have just bought a massive load of Virgin Experience Day vouchers, since I had some "free money" from my university (as compensation for being in the first year where we had to pay the £9000 tuition fees) that I could only spend on certain things. Since I've never been particularly keen on the range of laptops/etc. available at our uni's bookshop, I decided to buy these vouchers instead.
There are a few variations on the Pullman railtours for two available (I was going to take my mum). I was looking at these three:
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/discover-folkestone-excursion-on-the-british-pullman-for-two
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/day-excursion-for-two-on-the-british-pullman
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/lunch-excursion-for-two-on-the-british-pullman
I can assume the first one is basically the first leg of the VSOE. The second one looks like the most interesting, but I'm concerned that it might not use the original coaches which would make it a lot less cool. The third one looks like the loop services I often see through Guildford, which usually seem to have the original coaches and steam haulage.
Do all of them use the 1930s Pullman coaches, or only some of them? It's a little confusing, what the site does and doesn't tell you.
There are a few variations on the Pullman railtours for two available (I was going to take my mum). I was looking at these three:
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/discover-folkestone-excursion-on-the-british-pullman-for-two
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/day-excursion-for-two-on-the-british-pullman
http://www.virginexperiencedays.co.uk/lunch-excursion-for-two-on-the-british-pullman
I can assume the first one is basically the first leg of the VSOE. The second one looks like the most interesting, but I'm concerned that it might not use the original coaches which would make it a lot less cool. The third one looks like the loop services I often see through Guildford, which usually seem to have the original coaches and steam haulage.
Do all of them use the 1930s Pullman coaches, or only some of them? It's a little confusing, what the site does and doesn't tell you.