RochdalePioneers
Member
- Joined
- 2 Jan 2009
- Messages
- 527
I'm starting nearly a full week of travel around the British Isles by train, with a few ferries and buses thrown in for good measure. Plan is to do Sailrail to Belfast then on to Skye.
Main tour starts on Wednesday but today I get a brief mini trip from Essex into London. Onboard the 09:39 Laindon - Fenchurch Street as far as West Ham. It's an 8-car 357 set which as the first off peak train from Laindon westeards I thought would be busier than it is! Reasonably loaded but plenty of empty seats.
I'll post updates on every leg once I get going properly on Wednesday but thought I'd say hello first. Then after I'm done on Sunday evening there's a day off before heading to Alicante via a nightbus leap to Heathrow, Madrid, then AVE.....
Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk 2
Main tour starts on Wednesday but today I get a brief mini trip from Essex into London. Onboard the 09:39 Laindon - Fenchurch Street as far as West Ham. It's an 8-car 357 set which as the first off peak train from Laindon westeards I thought would be busier than it is! Reasonably loaded but plenty of empty seats.
I'll post updates on every leg once I get going properly on Wednesday but thought I'd say hello first. Then after I'm done on Sunday evening there's a day off before heading to Alicante via a nightbus leap to Heathrow, Madrid, then AVE.....
Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk 2