RJ
Established Member
British Airways are running another experience led marketing exercise at Victoria Station. 25 pairs of tickets to the Caribbean are being given away every day until Saturday.
Thursday should be Grenada
Friday should be Turks and Caicos (yes sir!)
Saturday should be Tobago
Wednesday was St. Kitts, which I observed but didn't participate in. Tuesday was Barbados, was disappointed I didn't find out until Wednesday!
So this time around, you queue free of charge for 30-60 minutes for the opportunity to press down a larger than life "Esc" key. Everybody wins a prize - a beach ball, a pair of sunglasses, an inflatable parrot or the tickets. I think 3 - 4 people win the tickets per hour, but not necessarily every 15 - 20 minutes. I saw two wins within a couple of minutes, preceded by a 20 minute gap.
I'm not very keen on this competition. Last year, they set up simulators. You had to fly through a course of hoops, then press a button to deploy the landing gear. Every 15 minutes, the highest scorer won a pair of tickets. It required skill and perhaps a bit of luck - some simulator maestro could well gazump your high score before the clock ran out. I got lucky and won Tobago tickets. This time, it's pure luck of the draw. I think it was criticised because predominantly males won.
If anyone passes through Victoria Station, give it a go! Good luck
Thursday should be Grenada
Friday should be Turks and Caicos (yes sir!)
Saturday should be Tobago
Wednesday was St. Kitts, which I observed but didn't participate in. Tuesday was Barbados, was disappointed I didn't find out until Wednesday!
So this time around, you queue free of charge for 30-60 minutes for the opportunity to press down a larger than life "Esc" key. Everybody wins a prize - a beach ball, a pair of sunglasses, an inflatable parrot or the tickets. I think 3 - 4 people win the tickets per hour, but not necessarily every 15 - 20 minutes. I saw two wins within a couple of minutes, preceded by a 20 minute gap.
I'm not very keen on this competition. Last year, they set up simulators. You had to fly through a course of hoops, then press a button to deploy the landing gear. Every 15 minutes, the highest scorer won a pair of tickets. It required skill and perhaps a bit of luck - some simulator maestro could well gazump your high score before the clock ran out. I got lucky and won Tobago tickets. This time, it's pure luck of the draw. I think it was criticised because predominantly males won.
If anyone passes through Victoria Station, give it a go! Good luck

Last edited: