• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol to Chester - 8/9 Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonic

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2010
Messages
497
Hello,
I am looking for your advice on what tickets you would recommend for Bristol Temple Meads to Chester. I have a 16-25 railcard.

Outward:
Friday 8 Feb
Bristol Temple Meads 17:54 - Chester 20:58 via Newport
I can't leave Bristol before 17:30 (and even that is tight) and want to get to Chester a.s.a.p. so can't really take a different train (but if you have any suggestions with similar times feel free to offer them)

Return:
Saturday 9 Feb
Leaving Chester mid-late afternoon.
I can be more flexible coming back.

I have a feeling that I won't beat the £38.95 Off Peak Return 'via Craven Arms', because I cannot be flexible on my outward journey, even though I am happy to stick to specific trains.

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
8 Jun 2005
Messages
5,466
Location
Cambridge
I have found marginal savings by buying an Advance at 1730 to Shrewsbury changing at Birmingham (specify via Birmingham), then an SDS from Shrewsbury-Chester (same train, just stay on-board), then an Advance on the return journey at 1655, changing Crewe and Birmingham. This comes to approximately £34.50. If you returned earlier at 1419, changing Newport, you could save another £4 on an Advance, bringing the cost down to just over £30.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top