• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bristol Temple Meads to Plymouth avoiding Crosscountry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzy

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2014
Messages
154
In April I travelled from Bristol TM to Plymouth direct on a stopping GWR service and I think I departed Bristol TM around 9am. Has this service not survived the timetable change as I can no longer see direct GWR options. I remember that it was a very pleasant journey which isn’t a memory I associate with Crosscountry! Can any suggest reasonable GWR alternatives on a weekday morning for this route? I’ll be travelling with a toddler in a pushchair so probably a 1 change maximum.

Thanks in anticipation
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,990
Location
Airedale
In April I travelled from Bristol TM to Plymouth direct on a stopping GWR service and I think I departed Bristol TM around 9am. Has this service not survived the timetable change as I can no longer see direct GWR options. I remember that it was a very pleasant journey which isn’t a memory I associate with Crosscountry! Can any suggest reasonable GWR alternatives on a weekday morning for this route? I’ll be travelling with a toddler in a pushchair so probably a 1 change maximum.

Thanks in anticipation
The service has been split at Exeter; you would need to change onto a service from Paddington there (or at Taunton, which is easier, but you will have more choice of seats at Exeter). The conections vary - the 1055 from TM has only a 20min wait AND the connection starts at Exeter from the same platform.
 
Last edited:

jazzy

Member
Joined
26 Aug 2014
Messages
154
The service has been split at Exeter; you would need to change onto a service from Paddington there (or at Taunton, which is easier, but you will have more choice of seats at Exeter). Either way, you will generally have a 45min wait to factor in :(
Thanks for explaining, I probably wouldn’t have spotted that. That wait’s not so attractive but neither is Crosscountry!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top