miklcct
Established Member
I live in Willesden Green and my destination is University of Reading, about 2.5 km south-east of Reading station. The most convenient way for me is to cycle to Paddington down the A5 and take a high-speed train, and of course I don't really want to wait for a bus which runs every 20 minutes and pay a fare at the other end.
The GWR website now says that
Given the above statement, how likely I can find a bike space on a high speed train to travel to Reading, if I board at the last minute before it depart? Or am I better off to reserve a space before I cycle to Paddington? On the return journey, how likely is there a bike space on a high speed train back to Paddington in the afternoon?
The GWR website now says that
A bike reservation is strongly recommended and we cannot guarantee storage without one.
Read the instruction posters. Secure your bike using the metal hoops provided.
Given the above statement, how likely I can find a bike space on a high speed train to travel to Reading, if I board at the last minute before it depart? Or am I better off to reserve a space before I cycle to Paddington? On the return journey, how likely is there a bike space on a high speed train back to Paddington in the afternoon?