Good news for South coast passengers:
http://www.southernrailway.com/southern/news/east-coastway-proposals-will-not-be-implemented/
http://www.southernrailway.com/southern/news/east-coastway-proposals-will-not-be-implemented/
Good news for South coast passengers:
http://www.southernrailway.com/southern/news/east-coastway-proposals-will-not-be-implemented/

It has to be said though that the through service has greatly improved connections along the coast - even the female members of my family don't mind the day-trip to Brighton now.
Did I really read that this decision was based on inputs from 164 respondees? I doubt such a number even passes the statistically valid hurdle let alone significance.
That's very good news.
In 2006 I got on a Brighton-Ashford International service at Brighton, which consisted of a 170. Although it was lunchtime I'd estimate the service was about 75-80% full, so there's obviously demand for it.
Is this going to have any impact on the Wandsworth Road - Ealing Broadway service, which I though was relying on a 171 being made available following the curtailment of the Ashford - Brighton service.
Is this going to have any impact on the Wandsworth Road - Ealing Broadway service, which I though was relying on a 171 being made available following the curtailment of the Ashford - Brighton service.
Is this service just a shuttle between the two, or something different?