• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bridgend to Luton Airport Parkway question

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,893
Location
South Wales
Right I have a job interview at Luton Airport Parkway on monday at 10:45.

Now I have had a look online and th cheapest fare I can get with my 16-25 railcard is a £55.45 super off peak retun.
r
The journey check the following route:

04:30 Bridgend - London Paddington (Arr 07:32)

tube to Farrington

08:10 Farrington - Luton Airport Parkway (Arr 08:48)

The issue is that I dont want to be sat at Luton station for over an hour so is ther ea chance I can break my journey in London and travel on a later services which arrives into Luton Airport Parkway between 09:45 & 10:15?.

I am also looking to do the same when I come back as I want to do some exploring in London before I get the 22:45 train to Bridgend but I think most likely I would be leaving Luton at 13:30
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,482
Location
Yorkshire
Break of journey is allowed unless it is "made clear" in notices & publications that it is not. So, as it has not been made clear to you that you can't, then that means you can.

Also break of journey is always allowed on the return portion.

By the way there is a useful website which has details of all the restrictions for each ticket: http://www.brfares.com/#faredetail?orig=BGN&dest=LTN&rlc=YNG&ldn=1&tkt=SSR if there is a BOJ restriction, it would be stated there (though the Train Companies would additionally need to make it clear in notices & publications for it to be enforceable).

You may find our RailUK Fares & Ticketing Guide helpful (1.5 Break of journey)
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,893
Location
South Wales
Thanks Yorkie I was concerned about whether my super off peaqk ticket would be valid on a service from Farrington/St Pancras after 08:45 & before 10:00.

I ask this as the journey planner on FGW's website only shows trains arriving into Luton Airport Parkway at 08:48 then 11:50 the former is about 90 minutes too early so I will be hanging around for a bit and the latter will be an hour too late.
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
There is a rule stating that where a (super) off-peak ticket is issued from somewhere outside the Network Area to somewhere within the area, via London, or vice versa, the part of the journey between London and whichever of the origin and destination is within the Network Area has no time restrictions whatsoever.

As Bridgend is outside the Network Area and Luton Airport Pw is within it, you may use any train you like from Farringdon to Luton Airport Pw.
 

anthony263

Established Member
Joined
19 Aug 2008
Messages
6,893
Location
South Wales
Thank You Island that makes things easier for me as I wont have to wait around at Luton Airport Parkway for ages and I can wait at Paddington and have breakfast.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,482
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks Yorkie I was concerned about whether my super off peaqk ticket would be valid on a service from Farrington/St Pancras after 08:45 & before 10:00.

I ask this as the journey planner on FGW's website only shows trains arriving into Luton Airport Parkway at 08:48 then 11:50 the former is about 90 minutes too early so I will be hanging around for a bit and the latter will be an hour too late.
Time restrictions on this ticket are based on the Bridgend <> London portion of the journey, with the London <> Luton Airport Parkway portion unrestricted.

The restrictions are detailed in the link provided in post #2. I have also pasted the relevant parts below:-

key extracts from restriction texts said:
OUTWARD TRAVEL:
Available on all trains departing at or later than:
FROM: Bridgend 0915 (also valid between 0200 and 0500)

RETURN TRAVEL:
Tickets are valid: On services timed to depart London Paddington between 1010 and 1501, and from 1901.

TRAVEL FROM STATIONS NOT LISTED ABOVE:
Super Off-Peak tickets from stations not listed are valid for connections into trains departing as shown above.


NETWORK AREA: The 'Network area' is defined as the area in which the Network railcard is valid. For details, Network Railcard map.

Super Off-Peak tickets issued for journeys commencing outside the Network Area for travel via London, take the restrictions from the origin station to London and return. Unless shown otherwise on the following pages, they are unrestricted between London and the destination station and return.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top