• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BRFares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Searle

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2012
Messages
1,580
Location
Ladbroke Grove
I'm not sure if the creator of BRFares is on this forum, but I thought I might as well give this a go...

I love BRFares.com, and it's amazingly useful, however there's one thing that is now bugging me with it. The new update (that came a couple of weeks ago) have made it so much more difficult to quickly compare fares.

I'm very pleased with the idea of splitting up advance and walk on fares, but the bit that gets me most is how each of the boxes for the fares is much larger, meaning instead of looking down one line at the end of the fare, you have to scroll more and find things more, which takes longer.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing website, I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? If the owner of BRFares is knocking around somewhere, would it be possible to have a link to get back to the old version, which I much prefer.

Thanks! :D
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,468
Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing website, I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem? If the owner of BRFares is knocking around somewhere, would it be possible to have a link to get back to the old version, which I much prefer.

Yes, I agree that I prefer the old layout as opposed to the new one, which seems to cram more information into each box than necessary.
 

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
18 Dec 2009
Messages
6,615
I agree that splitting Advance from walk up fares has been a very useful improvement. What I miss is being able to see all the fares at once without having to scroll up and down.
 

Searle

Established Member
Joined
4 May 2012
Messages
1,580
Location
Ladbroke Grove
I agree that splitting Advance from walk up fares has been a very useful improvement. What I miss is being able to see all the fares at once without having to scroll up and down.

That's essentially what I was meant to say, before I started rambling!

Glad some people agree with me though ;)
 

IanD

Established Member
Joined
18 Sep 2011
Messages
2,784
Location
Newport Pagnell
Agree.

It's a very handy site I use frequently but this latest layout is a backward step. My usual gripe with "revamped" websites - If it wasn't broke then why fix it?

Not sure about splitting out the Advance/Walk up fares either to be honest.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top