• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Brentford shuttles for Steam Railmotor confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

postye

Member
Joined
7 Feb 2013
Messages
898
Location
London
Confirmed by FGW today that no guest locos for the Greenford services, will be T&T 57's, and also there also will be no Hanwell loop, just straight back on the relief lines to Padd. :(
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
So today Saturday I'll be going on the 1300 from Southall for the Brentford branch. Can't remember now if the ticket needs to be printed :/
 

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
So today Saturday I'll be going on the 1300 from Southall for the Brentford branch. Can't remember now if the ticket needs to be printed :/

If you looked at the email ticket, the title does contain PLEASE PRINT NOW so that might be some sort of clue!*


*or at least, it does for the Padd-Padd circular, which I am booked on the 1305 and 1505! After seeing the West Drayton trips "still available" there seems to be no link to actually book them :(
 

DEAN MURPHY

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2011
Messages
248
I'm booked on the 13,05 service and there is no 'ticket' sent to me. Just a confirmation I'm booked on it with a reference number. I have looked numerous times and it doesn't tell you to print it out or anything.

Dean
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
Am I the only one that thinks it's a good idea to print stuff off as a matter of course so I have a hard copy?

As soon as the emails were received they were printed off and kept safe, they are now sat in my bag in a plastic envelope to keep them dry.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
Am I the only one that thinks it's a good idea to print stuff off as a matter of course so I have a hard copy?

As soon as the emails were received they were printed off and kept safe, they are now sat in my bag in a plastic envelope to keep them dry.

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned but I agree, and I have printed mine off too. It doesn't say you have to print it, but it does say you need the information, so presumably the booking code would suffice. I'm on today's 12.00 departure.
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
I am on the 1530 Railmotor trip.

Doing the 57s first (1117) then
Colnbrook at 1400 then the RM last.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
57604+57605 TnT on the 1117 for anyone interested.
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
The timetable on the Brentford branch has gone a bit pear shaped, the second 11.00 departure has just left at 12.10. There is a queueing system to get onto the trains, expect to wait a while!
 

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
The timetable on the Brentford branch has gone a bit pear shaped, the second 11.00 departure has just left at 12.10. There is a queueing system to get onto the trains, expect to wait a while!

It is a pretty big queue, and the people standing on the bridge is attracting attention from locals wanting to know what has happened :P
 

theblackwatch

Established Member
Joined
15 Feb 2006
Messages
10,889
It is a pretty big queue, and the people standing on the bridge is attracting attention from locals wanting to know what has happened :P

When I was at the front of the queue, local lady enquired about tickets and was most disappointed when she was told that the trains were sold out! Nice to see some interest from 'normals'.
 

PeterY

Established Member
Joined
2 Apr 2013
Messages
1,363
It was an enjoyable experience. Luckily I was booked on the 11o'clock yesterday , which must have left 11.15-ish . I'm guessing as the day wore on departures got later and later.

All I overheard was the Notwork rail, wouldn't allow the trailer to be used at very short notice. Anyone know the official reason?
 

455driver

Veteran Member
Joined
10 May 2010
Messages
11,329
The 1530 left about 10 late and it was an okay trip but it was a pity we couldnt/didnt run to the end of the line. What is the point of running branchline trips that dont go to the end of the branchline! The Colnbrook trip was the same.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
All I overheard was the Notwork rail, wouldn't allow the trailer to be used at very short notice. Anyone know the official reason?

Or nobody told NR about wanting to use the trailer until the last minute!
 

fgwrich

Established Member
Joined
15 Apr 2009
Messages
10,664
Location
Hampshire
All I overheard was the Notwork rail, wouldn't allow the trailer to be used at very short notice. Anyone know the official reason?

I did hear something about it possibly being weather related / related to the pulling power of the Steam Railmotor to cope with pulling / pushing both itself and the trailer fully laden with passengers up the gradient on the line. Correct or not, that's one answer I've heard.
 

CarltonA

Member
Joined
22 Apr 2012
Messages
878
Location
Thames Valley
Naughty No 93 sprayed wet soot on my clothes and in my face. Made a change from getting coal grit in my hair (what's left of it). A splendid vehicle in all other respects. ;)
 

starrymarkb

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
5,985
Location
Exeter
I was looking out for the Sprinter and Railmotor from the coach into London on Saturday - if I'd hadn't got pre-existing plans I might have gone to have a look.

Mind you I'd forgotten about it on the Sunday as I had plenty of time between checking out of Hotel Slimelight (7:30am) and my coach home (7pm)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top