portervalley
Member
- Joined
- 16 Dec 2013
- Messages
- 17
I intend to buy a Sheffield - Rayleigh off peak return (£89.20). I would like to break my journey at Chesterfield on outward and return.
Natonal rail website says : 'Break of journey is allowed on the outward portion of Off-Peak tickets unless otherwise indicated by a restriction shown against the ticket's validity code and in all cases on the return portion of Off-Peak return tickets.'
I have contacted National Rail Enquries by telephone to see if they could inform if there was such a restriction in this instance however the man in Mumbai told me that I could break on outward but not on return which completely contradicts the statement from the National Rail website which I have quoted above! I have also approach East Midlands trains via their contact form but have yet to have a response (between 5 and 20 days for a response apparently).
Natonal rail website says : 'Break of journey is allowed on the outward portion of Off-Peak tickets unless otherwise indicated by a restriction shown against the ticket's validity code and in all cases on the return portion of Off-Peak return tickets.'
I have contacted National Rail Enquries by telephone to see if they could inform if there was such a restriction in this instance however the man in Mumbai told me that I could break on outward but not on return which completely contradicts the statement from the National Rail website which I have quoted above! I have also approach East Midlands trains via their contact form but have yet to have a response (between 5 and 20 days for a response apparently).