• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of Journey question - Borderlands line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
Good morning all.

Today, I'm travelling on a return day-trip from Upton (Merseyside) to Hope (Flintshire). I will be buying the £4.90 Anytime Day Return on the train.

On the return leg, I would like to break my journey at Neston for one or two hours in the late afternoon, before continuing back to Upton later in the evening.

I suspect that a break of journey is permitted on the return leg, but can anyone confirm this is correct?

Thanks for any possible replies.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,288
Location
Connah's Quay
I suspect that a break of journey is permitted on the return leg, but can anyone confirm this is correct?
Yes, that's right. Anytime tickets all allow you to break your journey en route. If you search for your journey in National Rail Enquiries and click where it says (in this case) Anytime Day Return, it will tell you any restrictions which apply to your ticket.
 

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
Thank you very much kieron for the helpful reply and the useful link. I will check out the restrictions via that link next time.

For some reason I got in the habit of using the London Midland website to check the train times and ticket prices, so couldn't immediately see any relevant info on there. Will certainly use the NRE site next time though. Cheers!
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,467
Thank you very much kieron for the helpful reply and the useful link. I will check out the restrictions via that link next time.

For some reason I got in the habit of using the London Midland website to check the train times and ticket prices, so couldn't immediately see any relevant info on there. Will certainly use the NRE site next time though. Cheers!

NRE don't sell tickets, and are almost more inferior than the London Midlands site in every other aspect.

If you have any queries regarding restrictions, you are better off checking the brfares website. Any restriction on break of journey will need to be mentioned. If it is not, then you are fine to break your journey.
 

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
NRE don't sell tickets, and are almost more inferior than the London Midlands site in every other aspect.

If you have any queries regarding restrictions, you are better off checking the brfares website. Any restriction on break of journey will need to be mentioned. If it is not, then you are fine to break your journey.

Thank you very much bb21 for the further information and useful link. Now bookmarked!
 

Swirlz

Member
Joined
26 Sep 2012
Messages
219
Incidentally, it is the same price to CAERGWRLE, if that offers any additional flexibility to you.
 

Green Lane

Member
Joined
5 Apr 2010
Messages
334
Location
Birkenhead, Merseyside
Incidentally, it is the same price to CAERGWRLE, if that offers any additional flexibility to you.

Indeed, that is quite useful to know. Thank you for that.

As it happens, my hike today took me in a loop from Hope to Cefn-y-Bedd station, and then back to Hope, via Caergwrle station. I may well be doing another walk soon, starting from Caergwrle, so it's good to know it's the same price. In fact perhaps I should have bought the Caergwrle ticket today, given the extra flexibility although in the event I was OK to return via Hope.

Still it was great to get some nice photos on a sunny day of all three of the above railway stations - which are seemingly bunched quite close together along the line.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top