• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of journey on a specific ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class377

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
444
I know this issue has probably been done to death, but from my research on here I can't seem to find an issue on this specific ticket.

Travelling to Lewes next Saturday from St Albans City. Have identified a ticket (St Albans City - Falmer) which is cheaper than the direct SAC-LWS fare (by about 50%!) and is valid to travel via Lewes.

However, it's a super-off-peak day return, and as far as I know this ticket doesn't allow a break of journey, so I can't use it.

On the other hand, brfares seems to state that it's allowed, with 6 of the 10 references saying it's allowed and the other 4 stating "see below" (Break of journey is allowed on Super Off-Peak Day tickets unless otherwise indicated by a restriction shown against the ticket's validity code.)

So am I OK to travel with this ticket? I have identified a couple of other splits but the cheapest requires travelling via Brighton which could add time on to my journey.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
"Unless otherwise indicated" basically means "unless something in the left hand column of brfares says otherwise". Thus BoJ is permitted on this ticket
 

Class377

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
444
Many thanks - I've only ever used this ticket to actually go to Falmer in the past so no BoJ ever tested. Glad to hear it works, didn't see how a direct ticket to Lewes was twice as much!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top