• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Break of journey at Bexhill

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.t.rose

New Member
Joined
11 Oct 2015
Messages
1
So, tomorrow I would like to get an off-peak return ticket to Brighton from StLeonards Warrior Square Station. However, I will be meeting my friend at Bexhill Station. Would I be able to get the off-peak return, and on the outwards journey get off and wait on the platforms of Bexhill station for my friend, before getting on another train to go from Bexhill station to Brighton, and later stay on the full return journey from Brighton to Warrior Square station?
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,734
Location
Scotland
So, tomorrow I would like to get a return ticket to Brighton from StLeonards Warrior Square Station. However, I will be meeting my friend at Bexhill Station. Would I be able to get the return, and on the outwards journey get off and wait on the platforms of Bexhill station for my friend, before getting on another train to go from Bexhill station to Brighton, and later stay on the full return journey from Brighton to Warrior Square station?
If your ticket is an Anytime return you will be fine to do that. If it is an Off Peak or Super Off Peak Return you *should* be fine as the vast majority of (I want to say all but something in the back of my mind is telling me there are a few exceptions) Returns allow break of journey on the outward journey.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
None of the exceptions apply here so the OP will be fine doing what he proposed.

Also technically speaking waiting on the platform the next train without leaving the station is not break of journey anyway.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,541
Location
Yorkshire
So, tomorrow I would like to get a return ticket to Brighton from StLeonards Warrior Square Station. However, I will be meeting my friend at Bexhill Station. Would I be able to get the off-peak return, and on the outwards journey get off and wait on the platforms of Bexhill station for my friend, before getting on another train to go from Bexhill station to Brighton, and later stay on the full return journey from Brighton to Warrior Square station?
This is not a Break of journey. However, if you wish to exit the station and break your journey, you are permitted to do so. :)
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,734
Location
Scotland
Also technically speaking waiting on the platform the next train without leaving the station is not break of journey anyway.
What can I say - I envisaged that hijinks were going to ensue!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top