• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Branch/siding near Ince & Elton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
13 Apr 2011
Messages
649
Location
Helsby
Is there such a thing ? ... Is there a railhead at Vauxhalls and if not, where do they loads the cars ?

There used to be a railhead and traffic was quite frequent up the West Cheshire Jcn to Mouldsworth line but this stopped many years ago. Not aware of any new railhead.
 

furnessvale

Established Member
Joined
14 Jul 2015
Messages
4,914
There used to be a railhead and traffic was quite frequent up the West Cheshire Jcn to Mouldsworth line but this stopped many years ago. Not aware of any new railhead.

I thought there was a trial within the last 3 months?

I think Google shows the track still insitu. Any serious car loadings would have to be at least in WIA wagons to deter theft.
 

popsider

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2014
Messages
16
I thought there was a trial within the last 3 months?

I think Google shows the track still insitu. Any serious car loadings would have to be at least in WIA wagons to deter theft.

Yes their definitely as been a trial train within the last 3 months it ran to and from Ripple lane.
 

8A Rail

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2012
Messages
1,351
Location
Mars
I thought there was a trial within the last 3 months?
I think Google shows the track still insitu. Any serious car loadings would have to be at least in WIA wagons to deter theft.
Two DBS trains operated earlier in the year - been quiet since.

As for last Wednesday, looking at lists, loco seems to be 66102, but no consist was noted - poss it was L/E run both directions? Same loco operated 6L85 Arpley - Middleton Towers early Thursday morning.
 

popsider

Member
Joined
2 Mar 2014
Messages
16
Two DBS trains operated earlier in the year - been quiet since.

As for last Wednesday, looking at lists, loco seems to be 66102, but no consist was noted - poss it was L/E run both directions? Same loco operated 6L85 Arpley - Middleton Towers early Thursday morning.

The train to Ince & Elton ran has 6z23 so must have carried some wagons.
 

D Foster

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
152
Location
N Staffs
Entirely by chance I caught a shot of 66?15 approaching Frodsham Junction with about 24 very fully loaded "box wagons" (sorry I don't know the code for them) at 07.31 on Friday 27th. Loco was making quite a lot of smoke - although I've seen worse.
How do they unload? Do they have a tippler or use a grab?

In the afternoon of the same day I also saw some sort of train of cars headed west between Frodsham and Helsby - but being both below track level and in traffic I saw no more than a line of cars apparently floating along at rooftop level - quite a strange sight really.

:)
 
Last edited:

D Foster

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
152
Location
N Staffs
Thanks for that :D

Friday 03/06 66115 passed through Helsby Junction with a long train of what I think were JGAs (30 or more I think) at 07.46. At least one wagon was an "EWS Construction" while the last wagon was a freshly painted, bright red DB Schenker.

Not by any means being up-to-date with the strange things that actually move on rails I was quite intrigued by the Up train that probably put at least a bit of a signal check on the sand train - that was a DVT leading four coaches pushed by 67002.

Does the sand train run on other day please?

:D
 
Last edited:

8A Rail

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2012
Messages
1,351
Location
Mars
Thanks for that :D
Friday 03/06 66115 passed through Helsby Junction with a long train of what I think were JGAs (30 or more I think) at 07.46. At least one wagon was an "EWS Construction" while the last wagon was a freshly painted, bright red DB Schenker.
Not by any means being up-to-date with the strange things that actually move on rails I was quite intrigued by the Up train that probably put at least a bit of a signal check on the sand train - that was a DVT leading four coaches pushed by 67002.

Does the sand train run on other day please? :D
Should operate upto 3 times a week (MWFO) but it varies to be honest. However, one of these now tends to operate to the new Elton & Ince Sidings. Your best bet is check on RTT and enter Helsby as the location and customise the other boxes including time to "0000 - 2359" and services to "non-passenger services". HTH
 

D Foster

Member
Joined
5 Jan 2016
Messages
152
Location
N Staffs
Thanks :)
Unfortunately I still can't figure the RTT site. I've just tried as per your instruction - and got a whole list that includes Lancaster services. ??? Also the first set of arr/dep columns only shows "pass" for most services. Is there a "how to use" pages somewhere for this site please?
:)
 

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,523
Not by any means being up-to-date with the strange things that actually move on rails I was quite intrigued by the Up train that probably put at least a bit of a signal check on the sand train - that was a DVT leading four coaches pushed by 67002.

Does the sand train run on other day please?
Check your PMs! ;)


MARK
 

8A Rail

Established Member
Joined
6 Dec 2012
Messages
1,351
Location
Mars
Thanks :)
Unfortunately I still can't figure the RTT site. I've just tried as per your instruction - and got a whole list that includes Lancaster services. ??? Also the first set of arr/dep columns only shows "pass" for most services. Is there a "how to use" pages somewhere for this site please?
:)
Try this link (Advanced search) -- http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top