• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bradford -- Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
594
Location
West Yorkshire
On Thursday the 23rd December I have a very important meeting in Plymouth at 10:30 so I'll be travelling down on the Wednesday afternoon and staying over for the night, before then returning north to Bradford after the meeting around 13:00.

Is it possible for some kind person to find out if any cheap tickets will be available and more importantly the the quickest route that won't see myself stuck on a four car overcrowded pendolino for six hours.

Cheers in advance.

Eric.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,674
any railcards?

i presume you mean voyager an the chances of getting there without getting on a voyager but for not considerably more money id say were pretty slim unfortunately....
 

TEW

Established Member
Joined
16 May 2008
Messages
6,228
How about this:
1522 Bradford Interchange-London King's Cross 1844
Tube to London Paddington
1945 London Paddington-Plymouth 2326

1343 Plymouth-Newton Abbot 1427
1433 Newton Abbot-London Paddington 1724
Tube to London King's Cross
1948 London King's Cross-Bradford Interchange 2312

Tickets would be a Grand Central Only Off Peak Return from Bradford-London at £67 and a Super Off Peak Return from London-Plymouth at £71.70 and the cost of the tube across London. The train fares would come to £138.70.
There aren't any cheap enough advance purchase tickets left to save you money.
A Bradford-Plymouth ticket not via London is £129.10 or the fare via London is £160.40 for reference.
 

taxidave

Member
Joined
20 Sep 2010
Messages
119
I believe XC have more HST sets running from next week but I do not know which services they will be on.
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,674
I believe XC have more HST sets running from next week but I do not know which services they will be on.

early morning down to plymouth so not really too good for this situation however its the later ones coming back so ....

at moment theres a 12 23 and 15 23 depatures from plymouth are HST's iom sure these are staying... theres also a mondays only HST at 13 23 not sure if thats becomign all week or not.... someone on forum will know...
 

Eric

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
594
Location
West Yorkshire
How about this:
1522 Bradford Interchange-London King's Cross 1844
Tube to London Paddington
1945 London Paddington-Plymouth 2326

1343 Plymouth-Newton Abbot 1427
1433 Newton Abbot-London Paddington 1724
Tube to London King's Cross
1948 London King's Cross-Bradford Interchange 2312

Tickets would be a Grand Central Only Off Peak Return from Bradford-London at £67 and a Super Off Peak Return from London-Plymouth at £71.70 and the cost of the tube across London. The train fares would come to £138.70.
There aren't any cheap enough advance purchase tickets left to save you money.
A Bradford-Plymouth ticket not via London is £129.10 or the fare via London is £160.40 for reference.





Much appreciated for the above.

I think I will contemplate going via London with Grand Central for the extra £9.

At least by going this route I'll avoid the XC crush, and after experiencing this numerous times this year, I really could do with a relaxing journey as this journey will signal the end of the working year for myself.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I believe XC have more HST sets running from next week but I do not know which services they will be on.





I was on a XC HST train out of New Street the other Friday and IMO it made little difference as by the time we arrived at Sheffield it was so full that the platform dispatches we're stopping people from boarding as there literally was no room to squeeze anymore passengers onboard.
 

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
Um... can't see a 1948 KGX-BDI on Christmas Eve in booking engines. Looks like it's moved forward to 1733. Grand Central packing up early perhaps?

I fear you'll have no option but XC if you want to leave Plymouth after 1300. If you can make the 1255 to Paddington then you'll have time to to catch the 1733 GC to Bradford.
 
Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
Um... can't see a 1948 KGX-BDI on Christmas Eve in booking engines. Looks like it's moved forward to 1733. Grand Central packing up early perhaps?

I fear you'll have no option but XC if you want to leave Plymouth after 1300. If you can make the 1255 to Paddington then you'll have time to to catch the 1733 GC to Bradford.

hes travelling back on the 23rd not xmas eve!!!
 

bnm

Established Member
Joined
12 Oct 2009
Messages
4,992
Oops. My bad. :oops::oops::oops:

Got me days and dates confused reading the OP.

Humblest apologies.
 

Eric

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
594
Location
West Yorkshire
I was waiting in hope today for this meeting to be postponed but it's still going ahead and just watching the news and the transport problems down south doesn't fill me with joy.

Looks like Wednesday and Thursday will fun :(
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top