Hi,
I recently acquired a BR jacket to wear at a railway I volunteer at, and I’d love to know more about it, such as the rough age of it and what roles it would have been used in. I’ve not got it with me at the moment but I’ve found the exact same type on the science museum archive website:
collection.sciencemuseumgroup.org.uk
- I’ve also attached a photo of the uniform (from the science museum archive page)
I’m also interested that the double arrow lapels have a green background, is that to say it was a southern?
Thank you
I recently acquired a BR jacket to wear at a railway I volunteer at, and I’d love to know more about it, such as the rough age of it and what roles it would have been used in. I’ve not got it with me at the moment but I’ve found the exact same type on the science museum archive website:
British Railways uniform jacket, double arrow lapels | Science Museum Group Collection
Railway uniform jacket, style DN; Mid-blue, gilt double arrow buttons, plastic double arrow lapel badges.
I’m also interested that the double arrow lapels have a green background, is that to say it was a southern?
Thank you