Speedbird2639
Member
- Joined
- 28 Jun 2011
- Messages
- 21
Hogmanay in Scotland is a much bigger event than Christmas -
Owing to Christianity not really making much impression north of Hadrians Wall
Hogmanay in Scotland is a much bigger event than Christmas -
Owing to Christianity not really making much impression north of Hadrians Wall
Class377/5:1314509 said:As I said in my post that you're quoting, those examples came from an article I read online. If you copy and paste it into Google, I'm sure you'll find it.
So in other words your not using facts but someone less opinion? That's a good sound basis for a thread.
Oh perlease. So you never use other sources for information? I should only EVER discuss a topic using first hand knowledge and experience. Is that what you're saying?
Let's be honest though, the railways were not created as a 'public service'. They were built because some people saw them as a way as making money.
So, when did they become one?
Surely the requirement of the public to travel is the public service element, and the mode of transport which is used to undertake the journey should not come into the equation.
As an example, if one needs to travel from Aberdeen to London, why should the cost of the rail fare be subsidised as a public service, but the cost of the air fare not be similarly subsidised?
Oh perlease. So you never use other sources for information? I should only EVER discuss a topic using first hand knowledge and experience. Is that what you're saying?