Having recently made good use of TrainSplit's ability to sell me a boundary zone ticket with an itinerary, I've found a case where it won't sell me any ticket at all for a particular train, even though I believe the boundary zone 6 ticket is valid. But maybe I've misunderstood the rules!
Example: Search for London Bridge to Aylesford, via Maidstone East, today, out at 10:00, return at 15:00, saying that you already hold an off-peak zones 1-6 travelcard. A variety of different journey options are returned, with the £14.70 BZ6 to Aylesford available for most of them, but not on the 10:38 departure. The only unusual thing I can see about the 10:38 compared to the other journeys is that it is non-stop within zones 1-6, first stop at Swanley. Whereas all the other journeys have multiple stops within the zones between London Bridge and Swanley.
However a counterexample where the BZ6 ticket is offered on a non-stop train is Paddington to Reading, so it doesn't look like the non-stop nature of my original example is to blame for the BZ6 ticket not being offered.
Is TrainSplit correct that the BZ6 ticket is not valid on the 10:38 train that is non-stop to Swanley? Have I missed some other subtelty of the route taken by that paritcular train which makes the BZ6 ticket invalid? Or is it a glitch in their Boundary Zone algorithm?
Example: Search for London Bridge to Aylesford, via Maidstone East, today, out at 10:00, return at 15:00, saying that you already hold an off-peak zones 1-6 travelcard. A variety of different journey options are returned, with the £14.70 BZ6 to Aylesford available for most of them, but not on the 10:38 departure. The only unusual thing I can see about the 10:38 compared to the other journeys is that it is non-stop within zones 1-6, first stop at Swanley. Whereas all the other journeys have multiple stops within the zones between London Bridge and Swanley.
However a counterexample where the BZ6 ticket is offered on a non-stop train is Paddington to Reading, so it doesn't look like the non-stop nature of my original example is to blame for the BZ6 ticket not being offered.
Is TrainSplit correct that the BZ6 ticket is not valid on the 10:38 train that is non-stop to Swanley? Have I missed some other subtelty of the route taken by that paritcular train which makes the BZ6 ticket invalid? Or is it a glitch in their Boundary Zone algorithm?