• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Boundary Zone Break Of Jouney

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlj83

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2012
Messages
168
I have a cheap day return from Boundary Zone 3 to Chatham, Kent.

Am i allowed to make a break of journey on the return part at Strood. I was told earlier i might be liable for a penalty fare if caught leaving the station.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Thanks. I was told the B1 on the ticket meant i couldn't get out at any point.

Who told you this? If it was staff then they’re making up their own rules.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
I would complain to Southeastern about this. Staff shouldn’t get something as basic as this wrong.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,649
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Thanks. I was told the B1 on the ticket meant i couldn't get out at any point.

Nope. B1 reads as follows. No specific bar on BoJ is included, therefore it is allowed.

Mondays-Fridays

OUTWARD TRAVEL

Not valid on trains timed to
depart after 04:29 and before
09:30.

RETURN TRAVEL

Not valid on trains timed to
depart after 04:29 and before
09:30.

EASEMENTS

Customers travelling from
Coulsdon South may use an
Off-Peak One Day Travelcard
after 09:15. Please see
Restriction Code B2 for more
details.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top