Hi, so last week I was in a rush due to the fact that I had a test in the morning and was already running late, so it was imperative that I got on the next train which was about to set of. Moreover, when on the ticket machine I accidentally bought the wrong ticket, (concession ticket). This is from Northern
So when I arrived back to my local station (Rochdale) after heading to Manchester I was greeted with an inspector, she asked me why I had this ticket and told her that I was in a rush and it was a genuine mistake. She then asked me for my details which I gave, and then printed of a 'travel incident report' and handed it to me. I then asked what do I do now? She stated that I would receive a letter in the post. And said I would probably have to answer a few questions.
However, after searching the web I have not heard of anyone filling in some sort of questions and so i think she said this in order not to scare me about the fact that I would have to pay a fine, can she do this? And it states the fine for an incorrect ticket is £20, but after reading online it says the could charge me much more or even take me to court. I am very confused and at the same time scared and stressed, any help would be greatly appreciated.
So when I arrived back to my local station (Rochdale) after heading to Manchester I was greeted with an inspector, she asked me why I had this ticket and told her that I was in a rush and it was a genuine mistake. She then asked me for my details which I gave, and then printed of a 'travel incident report' and handed it to me. I then asked what do I do now? She stated that I would receive a letter in the post. And said I would probably have to answer a few questions.
However, after searching the web I have not heard of anyone filling in some sort of questions and so i think she said this in order not to scare me about the fact that I would have to pay a fine, can she do this? And it states the fine for an incorrect ticket is £20, but after reading online it says the could charge me much more or even take me to court. I am very confused and at the same time scared and stressed, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited: