I’m 16, and for a recent train journey I was pulled over for having a child ticket. I’m not sure what is going to happen and I’m very anxious.
This was with chiltern railways and I was pulled over at the entrance of the station before I actually got on the train. I told the guy I was 16 and then he took out a form for me to fill out. There were 2 questions on it, the first one being ‘Do you think you have a valid ticket?’ and I ticked NO, and then ‘Would you have the money to pay for a full fare?’ and I ticked YES. Then I had to sign it off along with my name and address. Then he said I can get on the train and he let me go.
There were two ticket inspectors and I overheard the main guy telling the other one that ‘It would be best to just be nice to her’.
What will happen? Will I receive a fine? If I do I’d like to know if i’ll get a letter as I don’t want to just ignore what happened and have the fine go up and up.
This was with chiltern railways and I was pulled over at the entrance of the station before I actually got on the train. I told the guy I was 16 and then he took out a form for me to fill out. There were 2 questions on it, the first one being ‘Do you think you have a valid ticket?’ and I ticked NO, and then ‘Would you have the money to pay for a full fare?’ and I ticked YES. Then I had to sign it off along with my name and address. Then he said I can get on the train and he let me go.
There were two ticket inspectors and I overheard the main guy telling the other one that ‘It would be best to just be nice to her’.
What will happen? Will I receive a fine? If I do I’d like to know if i’ll get a letter as I don’t want to just ignore what happened and have the fine go up and up.