I need to book about eight guys including me with senior railcards on a day trip next month using off-peak tickets. So we can all sit together on the train, I'll go to the local station to buy the block of tickets. Will I need to produce everyone's senior railcards when I book in advance?
I could book it on the internet of course, except I don't know that that would guarantee we all sit together, and I think it would issue all tickets in my name with the proviso that I HAVE to travel and have my credit card with me. If for some reason I can't go, then neither will the others be able to. That's why I'd rather book 'un-named' tickets and reservations at the local station.
Are my assumptions correct? And do I need everyone's railcard with me to book the tickets at the station in advance?
I could book it on the internet of course, except I don't know that that would guarantee we all sit together, and I think it would issue all tickets in my name with the proviso that I HAVE to travel and have my credit card with me. If for some reason I can't go, then neither will the others be able to. That's why I'd rather book 'un-named' tickets and reservations at the local station.
Are my assumptions correct? And do I need everyone's railcard with me to book the tickets at the station in advance?
Last edited by a moderator: