• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking London U-Zone Fares with LNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewedin

Member
Joined
8 Jun 2009
Messages
675
Clearly it should be possible but I can't work out how to book U-Zone fares with LNER. The destination 'Zone U12* Londn' does not seem to be present, and other similar destinations only result in tickets to the London terminal. If you have a railcard these U-Zone fares are usually the cheapest way to connect onto the underground during the evening peak as Oyster discounts don't apply at that time. It would be disappointing if LNER is not offering these tickets on its website or app as a major operator out of London. Am I doing something wrong?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,825
Clearly it should be possible but I can't work out how to book U-Zone fares with LNER. The destination 'Zone U12* Londn' does not seem to be present, and other similar destinations only result in tickets to the London terminal. If you have a railcard these U-Zone fares are usually the cheapest way to connect onto the underground during the evening peak as Oyster discounts don't apply at that time. It would be disappointing if LNER is not offering these tickets on its website or app as a major operator out of London. Am I doing something wrong?
Try ‘London Zones 1-2’.
 

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Joined
8 Mar 2011
Messages
1,667
Only offers the ticket to King's Cross. It says King's Cross in the ticket details and I can also tell by the price it is not the U12 ticket.
Yes, bizarre, on playing around with the destinations I could find Hillingdon Underground if that's any good! :lol: Not sure where you are going but maybe a cross london ticket would work with maltese cross if you are going to a London terminal in South London?
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,825
Selecting a destination of Farringdon appears to give a ticket to Zone U1.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Am I doing something wrong?
No, there seems to be something odd going on with the booking engine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top