• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Booking engines showing trains that dont exist - Cumbrian Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
9 Dec 2012
Messages
845
I'm guessing it's Gremlins in the system, I'm trying to book a London to Millom return on the 7th June. Normally on the return leg I would take the 9.14 from Millom which runs theough to Lancaster. This is not listed anymore despite being in the new timetable, and instead online a 9.57 is listed to Barrow instead. This train is not in Northerns published timetable. This is probably why I can't get an advance ticket.
Should I report this as error to Northern as tickets are potentially being sold for trains which don't exist.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230521_115556_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230521_115556_Samsung Internet.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Screenshot_20230521_113712_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230521_113712_Drive.jpg
    833 KB · Views: 30
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cantab26

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2016
Messages
1,948
I'm guessing it's Gremlins in the system, I'm trying to book a London to Millom return on the 7th June. Normally on the return leg I would take the 9.14 from Millom which runs theough to Lancaster. This is not listed anymore despite being in the new timetable, and instead online a 9.57 is listed to Barrow instead. This train is not in Northerns published timetable. This is probably why I can't get an advance ticket.
Should I report this as error to Northern as tickets are potentially being sold for trains which don't exist.
On what date are you returning from Millom to London?
 

mangyiscute

Established Member
Joined
6 Mar 2021
Messages
1,526
Location
Reading
On what date are you returning from Millom to London?
Judging by the screenshot, it is the 14th June.
On this day, there are engineering works north of Sellafield, so all of the train times are different, hence why it shows a 09:57 and not a 09:14
 

Cantab26

Established Member
Joined
9 Jun 2016
Messages
1,948
Judging by the screenshot, it is the 14th June.
On this day, there are engineering works north of Sellafield, so all of the train times are different, hence why it shows a 09:57 and not a 09:14
Indeed. The screenshots weren’t uploaded when I looked a few minutes ago.

You can see the engineering timetable for that week here
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top