• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Bluebell railway diesel gala 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
Joined
8 Nov 2015
Messages
3,040
Location
Newhaven
Bluebell railway diesel gala 2018 this year featuring a class 45, class 46, and a class 31.
Hopefully goes to plan, as I haven't seen a 45/46 before.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,954
Location
Devon
Bluebell railway diesel gala 2018 this year featuring a class 45, class 46, and a class 31.
Hopefully goes to plan, as I haven't seen a 45/46 before.
I’m thinking of going, might see you there.
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,954
Location
Devon
Thinking of doing lineside but stations as well. Got some good photos of flying Scotsman at sharpthorne tunnel so hope to get some clag as it comes out
I’ve not been on the line since the 90s so not covered the extension to East Grinstead yet. It’s a fair old drive from Exeter but I do fancy going.
 

mushroomchow

Member
Joined
14 Feb 2017
Messages
455
Location
Where HSTs Still Scream. Kind of.
Echoing what Cowley said, I've yet to see the extension - last time I went would have been pushing ten years ago.

Remember when the Bluebell didn't allow any diesels on its metals? How times have changed! Always struck me as a rather silly policy when the practicalities of maintenance and the like were taken into account.
 

satisnek

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2014
Messages
1,097
Location
Kidderminster/Mercia Marina
Hopefully it will be third time lucky for me, and I'll have time for something a bit more than a quick round trip. In 2016 there was a 'one under' at East Croydon, resulting in an extended fester at Victoria (not the Bluebell Railway's fault) and last year it was a looney tunes timetable with no arrivals at East Grinstead between 1545 and 1810, and the latest train I could get back to London was 1807, so 1545 it had to be (very much the Bluebell Railway's fault).
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,954
Location
Devon
Hopefully it will be third time lucky for me, and I'll have time for something a bit more than a quick round trip. In 2016 there was a 'one under' at East Croydon, resulting in an extended fester at Victoria (not the Bluebell Railway's fault) and last year it was a looney tunes timetable with no arrivals at East Grinstead between 1545 and 1810, and the latest train I could get back to London was 1807, so 1545 it had to be (very much the Bluebell Railway's fault).
Maybe see you there too then Satisnek?
I’m assuming that the three locos named are the only locos due to attend? It’s a decent enough line-up with those three anyway and I’d be happy just sitting behind the 31 all day once I’ve had a couple of trips on the Peaks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top