Ash Bridge
Established Member
Some lovely shots there chaps, thanks for putting them up 


Thanks for solving that mystery for me, I was questioning why I couldn't find anything about 47614! I'm not a fan of locomotives masquerading as others.47853 is a bit of a quandary isn't it? Still on the railway systems as 47853 but visibly numbered 47614.
If it was carrying D1733 then no doubt that it should be considered as 47853 for consistent record keeping just as I might record D213 as 40013.
Putting 47614 on the side is a bit different but it is only painted digits, no change in its classification as a 47/4 with long range fuel tanks.
On balance, I think I'll conclude that it is 47853 and therefore dud for haulage.
I better try not to ride 47593 which has officially been renumbered from 47790. That would create a different issue.
It is just masquerading as its previous 'self'!Thanks for solving that mystery for me, I was questioning why I couldn't find anything about 47614! I'm not a fan of locomotives masquerading as others.
NUMBERS
D1733 ~ June 12th 1964
47 141 ~ January 1974
47 614 ~ July 1984
47 853 ~ February 1990
Even if it was renumbered officially, it's still the same locomotive and therefore dud for haulage, no? When 43302 was renumbered to 43102 I didn't suddenly require it - it's the same power car. Same with 37271 becoming 37418 etc. Only time that doesn't apply would be 43007 becoming 43207. The engine has changed and it is arguably a different machine altogether. This is all personal of course but that's how I see it!On balance, I think I'll conclude that it is 47853 and therefore dud for haulage.
On the other hand, some might see value in having the loco for sight/haulage in all its different guises.Even if it was renumbered officially, it's still the same locomotive and therefore dud for haulage, no? When 43302 was renumbered to 43102 I didn't suddenly require it - it's the same power car. Same with 37271 becoming 37418 etc. Only time that doesn't apply would be 43007 becoming 43207. The engine has changed and it is arguably a different machine altogether. This is all personal of course but that's how I see it!