• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackwell Mill Halt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,473
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
The halt had two staggered very short platforms and was in the area of the junction of lines that led to Buxton and to Millers Dale (I think). I understand that the halt was constructed for the benefit of railway employees in 1874 and not closed officially until 1967. I cannot seem to find it appearing in the timetables that I have made reference to.

Has any forum member ever visited the site of this halt ?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flymo

Established Member
Joined
22 May 2007
Messages
1,554
Location
Geordie back from exile.
Yes, sorry, I thought it did for some reason, must have misread. It also mentions in the webpage that the Halt was not included in public timetables but rather only in working timetables.
 

RichmondCommu

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
6,906
Location
Richmond, London
The halt had two staggered very short platforms and was in the area of the junction of lines that led to Buxton and to Millers Dale (I think). I understand that the halt was constructed for the benefit of railway employees in 1874 and not closed officially until 1967. I cannot seem to find it appearing in the timetables that I have made reference to.

Has any forum member ever visited the site of this halt ?

G'day Paul,

I posted a thread on this a couple of year's a go. I've only just seen this but I think a couple of enthusiasts specials stopped at the halt after 1967.

Actually, forget what I just said, I forgot Blackwell Halt was on the other side of the junction! However, do you have a copy of the book British Rail In The North Midlands And Peak District; as I sit in bed I have it in my grasp! In it there is a good photograph of the station site along with a class 47 working light engine!
 
Last edited:

David Barrett

Member
Joined
9 Mar 2013
Messages
554
The W.T.T. 02/01/1960-24/04/1960 shows the following D.M.U. services calling although no actual times at the halt are given and all are shown as notes in each applicable column:

Millers Dale to Buxton Trains:

08.37 Thursdays and Saturdays, other days when required.
12.05 Weekdays
16.00 Sundays

Buxton to Millers Dale Trains:

11.40 Saturdays
13.35 When required
14.40 Sundays
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top