• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackpool North-Manchester Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whistler40145

Established Member
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Messages
6,149
Location
Lancashire
I am not sure whether I am posting this in the correct section, but here goes!

On Thursday 14 October I am travelling on the 03xx Blackpool North-Manchester Airport.

In the Timetable, it shows this service as direct, arriving at Manchester Airport at around 05:07, but on every Timetable Planner, including National Rail, it shows as change at Manchester Piccadilly to a Bus, arriving Manchester Airport at 05:33. I am now rather puzzled, as I now don't know which is correct.

If anyone out there can provide the correct info, I should be grateful.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,116
Location
Redcar
My guess is that there are engineering works which means that the train is terminating at Piccadilly and then transferring onward travellers to a bus. However I'm sure someone will be along with better info shortly.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Just had a look at NRE's future engineering page and it says there is overnight engineering works between Piccadilly and Wilmslow.
 

hughesfowler

Member
Joined
17 Nov 2009
Messages
113
Fastis shows 0336 ex bpn, arrive man pic 0449, dep man pic by bus replacement 0508 , so you are correct, part of journey by rail replacement bus service
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top