RJ
Established Member
More curious than anything!
I boarded the 18:18 Barking to Gospel Oak today with the intention of changing at Blackhorse Road for the Victoria Line to Euston.
After leaving Walthamstow Queens Road (the stop preceding Blackhorse Road) the driver announced he'd just been informed that an incident of an unspecified nature had occurred at Blackhorse Road and he'd been instructed not to stop there. Despite what RTT (and LDB, Genius Mobile) say, the train did not stop at Blackhorse Road . I thought the station may have been evacuated but no - both platforms were full of bemused looking passengers, with no staff in hi-viz in sight.
I immediately went online to try and find out why - nothing on London Overground, but the Victoria Line was showing as part suspended between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow due to a signal failure at Blackhorse Road. Not an issue for me - I got off at South Tottenham, walked to Seven Sisters and caught the Victoria Line from there. At Seven Sisters, they were announcing that the service was suspended to Walthamstow Central due to a power failure at Blackhorse Road.
So does anyone have any idea what happened at Blackhorse Road - was it an "incident", a "power failure", a "signal failure" or all three? Why was the London Overground told not to stop there when passengers were on the platforms?
I boarded the 18:18 Barking to Gospel Oak today with the intention of changing at Blackhorse Road for the Victoria Line to Euston.
After leaving Walthamstow Queens Road (the stop preceding Blackhorse Road) the driver announced he'd just been informed that an incident of an unspecified nature had occurred at Blackhorse Road and he'd been instructed not to stop there. Despite what RTT (and LDB, Genius Mobile) say, the train did not stop at Blackhorse Road . I thought the station may have been evacuated but no - both platforms were full of bemused looking passengers, with no staff in hi-viz in sight.
I immediately went online to try and find out why - nothing on London Overground, but the Victoria Line was showing as part suspended between Seven Sisters and Walthamstow due to a signal failure at Blackhorse Road. Not an issue for me - I got off at South Tottenham, walked to Seven Sisters and caught the Victoria Line from there. At Seven Sisters, they were announcing that the service was suspended to Walthamstow Central due to a power failure at Blackhorse Road.
So does anyone have any idea what happened at Blackhorse Road - was it an "incident", a "power failure", a "signal failure" or all three? Why was the London Overground told not to stop there when passengers were on the platforms?