• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Blackfriars to Kentish Town - FCC or SE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmbarton

Member
Joined
24 Sep 2010
Messages
104
Location
Lichfield
I travelled today on the 1234 service from Blackfriars to St. Pancras; not sure where it had come from, but it was heading for Kentish Town. The headcode and journey planner both list this is as SouthEastern service, but I'm sure when I was on the platform and the train it was a First Capital Connect...am I imagining this, or is something wrong somewhere? Also, does anyone know what class of trains run on this service?

David
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andchafri

Member
Joined
24 Aug 2010
Messages
32
Sounds like it was the Sevenoaks to Kentish Town service which is jointly operated by South Eastern and FCC using 319 units.
 

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
A deal was struck to run joint through services while the bay platforms at London Blackfriars are out of action. The majority of services were Sevenoaks services, operated by 465s.

The vast majority of them are Sevenoaks to Kentish town as mentioned, but there are a few that continue to stations such as Luton and St Albans, and even a few peak Bedford.services. The majority are 319s, but on a Sevenoaks to Bedford service recently it was a 377.

I believe there are still a few peak trains that start at City Thameslink, which I believe us 375s.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top