• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Births Marriages and Deaths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
Are there any plans to modernise/computerise this system so cross-referencing is possible. I can recall registering my Mothers Death and having to give the details where she was born etc without having to provide proof.

She was born in Scotland and died in England so that would throw a spanner in the works.

I was Married in England but Divorced in Scotland.

"Day of the Jackal" Passport application springs to mind as well - would that still be possible?

Are there any plans to update the system and link up the England & Wales and separate Scottish Registers (I'm not sure about NI)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

richw

Veteran Member
Joined
10 Jun 2010
Messages
11,528
Location
Liskeard
When we got married we had to reregister our daughter at a separate appointment, couldn't be done by the same registrar at the same time.
The registrar told us if we didn't reregister her, she would have no legal right to the estate If we had children born after marriage should we pass away and only those children registered after marriage have legal rights to an estate in the event of death.
That is extremely outdated if that is true!
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
"Day of the Jackal" Passport application springs to mind as well - would that still be possible?

No the rules were changed in the fairly recent past to prevent this form happening. I cant find the correct legislation off hand. Sorry
 

Butts

Veteran Member
Joined
16 Jan 2011
Messages
11,841
Location
Stirlingshire
No the rules were changed in the fairly recent past to prevent this form happening. I cant find the correct legislation off hand. Sorry

Ha, at least you know what I meant - I bet that would baffle a lot of younger members.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top