TheConfusedMan
Member
Hello folks.
I'm trying to plan a trip to see Kasabian at the Birmingham Resorts World Arena (NEC) on the 8th Nov and then Birmingham University Open Day on next day Sat 9th Nov.
Coming from the Isle of Wight by car for most of the journey but then need to (a) stay somewhere and (b) get around over the two days.
And I thought Taylor Swift was complicated.
I don't want to try driving to the Uni, so the plan is to get a hotel on the outskirts than I can (a) stop and park at on the way up (b) easily get a train to/from the Kasabian gig on the Friday and (c) park the car at and get into / back out of Birmingham on the Saturday for the open day.
The only thing that makes sense so far is :
-- Friday afternoon:
Ferry and drive to Balsall Common Premier Inn (Berkswell)
-- Friday evening:
Park at Berkswell Station (free?)
Train from Berkswell Station to Birmingham International
Train back from Birmingham International to Berkswell Station
-- Saturday morming
Park at Berkswell Station (free for entire day?)
Train into New Street
Train to Birmingham Universiry
-- Saturday afternoon
Train back to New Street
Train back to Berkswell Station
-- Saturday evening
Drive back to Southampton ferry
Are there any other approaches that might make sense?
I'm trying to plan a trip to see Kasabian at the Birmingham Resorts World Arena (NEC) on the 8th Nov and then Birmingham University Open Day on next day Sat 9th Nov.
Coming from the Isle of Wight by car for most of the journey but then need to (a) stay somewhere and (b) get around over the two days.
And I thought Taylor Swift was complicated.
I don't want to try driving to the Uni, so the plan is to get a hotel on the outskirts than I can (a) stop and park at on the way up (b) easily get a train to/from the Kasabian gig on the Friday and (c) park the car at and get into / back out of Birmingham on the Saturday for the open day.
The only thing that makes sense so far is :
-- Friday afternoon:
Ferry and drive to Balsall Common Premier Inn (Berkswell)
-- Friday evening:
Park at Berkswell Station (free?)
Train from Berkswell Station to Birmingham International
Train back from Birmingham International to Berkswell Station
-- Saturday morming
Park at Berkswell Station (free for entire day?)
Train into New Street
Train to Birmingham Universiry
-- Saturday afternoon
Train back to New Street
Train back to Berkswell Station
-- Saturday evening
Drive back to Southampton ferry
Are there any other approaches that might make sense?