• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Birmingham - Plymouth - Paddington 16/10/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
Checking on your superior knowledge that I've got the best splits
Travelling on 0812 Birmingham NS to Plymouth
1256 Plymouth to Paddington
I've got Birmingham to Cheltenham Anytime single £23.40
Cheltenham to Bristol TM OP single £8.70
Bristol TM to Taunton OP return £12.50
Taunton to Plymouth OP return £18.00
Bristol TM to Paddington super off peak single £31.50
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

cambsy

On Moderation
Joined
6 Oct 2011
Messages
1,115
Noticed that you have singles and returns, are you doing one way or return? and You have a Bristol-London Paddington super off peak, the 12.56 Plymouth-London goes Berks and Hants not Bristol, so that ticket not valid, can work out splits but not till have time, sorry.
 

kieron

Established Member
Joined
22 Mar 2012
Messages
3,290
Location
Connah's Quay
So £94.10 in total. You could cut a bit from that by using advance tickets instead of some of the singles you mention (say, £19.70 for Birmingham-Cheltenham on the 08:12, or £26.70 for Bristol-Paddington on the return).

Longer distance advance tickets are competing against the rather more expensive longer distance flexible ones, so aren't worth having.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,844
Is all travel on the same day? If so, there is a fairly cheap Off Peak Day Return between Tiverton Parkway and Plymouth.
 

button_boxer

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2009
Messages
1,271
Noticed that you have singles and returns, are you doing one way or return? and You have a Bristol-London Paddington super off peak, the 12.56 Plymouth-London goes Berks and Hants not Bristol, so that ticket not valid, can work out splits but not till have time, sorry.

Are we looking at the same trains? I can't see a 1256 departure from Plymouth but there is a 1257 and that one does go via Bristol.

However it doesn't stop at Tiverton, so Haywain's suggestion won't help.
 

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
Noticed that you have singles and returns, are you doing one way or return? and You have a Bristol-London Paddington super off peak, the 12.56 Plymouth-London goes Berks and Hants not Bristol, so that ticket not valid, can work out splits but not till have time, sorry.

ive got singles as far as Bristol and then the overlap between Bristol and Plymouth are returns then singles Bristol to London coming back. Because of the Flood work via the B&H it goes and stops in Bristol.

im sticking with walk on fares because I have rail staff discount.

I think ive got the best splits it was just if anyone knew any little fiddles or any rovers that may bring the cost down as the splitting websites don't factor in rovers
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,049
Location
Crewe
If you have rail staff discount then why are the fares you have quoted more than what you would get with 75% off.

Do you have a Priv card?
 

Adam0984

Established Member
Joined
18 Feb 2014
Messages
1,213
Yeah I have PRIV and all that I quoted the full fare just to make comparison easier for everyone not just the few who know the ins and outs of it. I thought most people would just skip by if I mentioned it all with PRIV discount due to lack of knowledge. From there any fares I could calculate at home
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top