03_179
Established Member
Slightly carrying on from anopther post about bikes on NXEC.
Over the past few years I have noticed an increase in bikes being allowed on peak trains on FCC and Southerm. Strangely enough not one member of staff, (barrier or TTIs) do anything about it. Surely there should be some sort of fine like penalty fare for those on the trains with bikes knowning full well that they should not be on the services. Or just say no at the barrier.
This leads me on to the next point. Suitcases! If you travel on FCC services on the Brighton - Bedford line you will know what I mean about these. John Doe gets on at Gatwick with the 2 or 3 cases, wife and kids. All have other bags like rucksacks, and their dutyfree plastic carrier bags. Now instead of making use of the overhead racks, or spaces between seats Joe et al all dump the cases in the doorways. Hence doors open at the likes of Redhill or East Croydon and low and behold you can't get on!
I once pointed out that iff there was an emergency then dear Joe had blocked people exits and they could die. This particular Joe shrugged and was about to walk away when I pointed out that his family were in the area and that they were blocked into! Suddenly a lightbulb appeared over his head and he moved the cases.
Apart from Joe and family we have the young late teenage girls. On the train at Gatwick from Spain/Turkey/Greece. Little clothing. Lay on the seats sleeping. Added to this are the suitcase or large sports bag, the dutyfree bag, the obligitory CD/Cassette player and other stuff.
Strangley enough the suitcases are so heavy these girls can hardly carry them. Sio if you can't carry it ... don't pack it.
But lets put it this way ... When I travel with wife and kids. I ALWAYS make sure the cases and other stuff is well put out of the way. After all ... if you leave it by the door could someone not steal it ?
Rant over .....
Over the past few years I have noticed an increase in bikes being allowed on peak trains on FCC and Southerm. Strangely enough not one member of staff, (barrier or TTIs) do anything about it. Surely there should be some sort of fine like penalty fare for those on the trains with bikes knowning full well that they should not be on the services. Or just say no at the barrier.
This leads me on to the next point. Suitcases! If you travel on FCC services on the Brighton - Bedford line you will know what I mean about these. John Doe gets on at Gatwick with the 2 or 3 cases, wife and kids. All have other bags like rucksacks, and their dutyfree plastic carrier bags. Now instead of making use of the overhead racks, or spaces between seats Joe et al all dump the cases in the doorways. Hence doors open at the likes of Redhill or East Croydon and low and behold you can't get on!
I once pointed out that iff there was an emergency then dear Joe had blocked people exits and they could die. This particular Joe shrugged and was about to walk away when I pointed out that his family were in the area and that they were blocked into! Suddenly a lightbulb appeared over his head and he moved the cases.
Apart from Joe and family we have the young late teenage girls. On the train at Gatwick from Spain/Turkey/Greece. Little clothing. Lay on the seats sleeping. Added to this are the suitcase or large sports bag, the dutyfree bag, the obligitory CD/Cassette player and other stuff.
Strangley enough the suitcases are so heavy these girls can hardly carry them. Sio if you can't carry it ... don't pack it.
But lets put it this way ... When I travel with wife and kids. I ALWAYS make sure the cases and other stuff is well put out of the way. After all ... if you leave it by the door could someone not steal it ?
Rant over .....