I’ve been looking at planning a journey for an aged relative across London, minimising changes. An ideal solution would be Thameslink from Bickley to Farringdon, and then changing onto the Elizabeth line to Reading (I know this is a longer journey than using the tube and changing more often, but it’s fairly simple and straightforward, and also free with her TfL pass) However, during off peak daytime hours, Thameslink trains from Bickley seem to terminate at Blackfriars, so she’d have to travel sometime after 4pm, or change at Herne Hill.
I just wondered whether it was always the case that these trains don’t go through the core during the day, or is it some consequence of reduced services since Covid/whatever?
I just wondered whether it was always the case that these trains don’t go through the core during the day, or is it some consequence of reduced services since Covid/whatever?