• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best weekly season to use as a rover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenchurch SP

Member
Joined
11 Jan 2021
Messages
211
Location
Merstham
I've never liked the late start with rover tickets; if you've travelling a fair distance, it's halfway through the day when you get to your destination. I've occasionally used weekly seasons along the South Coast, but I'm thinking of using one in Central/Northern England.
  • Peterborough to Manchester Stations offers many routes e.g. via Birmingham, Lincoln or Leeds.
  • York to Carlisle - you've got the Settle & Carlisle, the ECML via Newcastle or the WCML via Preston (but not Manchester I believe).
I can't find many good ones starting from Liverpool; for cross-Pennine seasons, you have to choose either via Leeds or Sheffield.

Any other suggestions?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

plugwash

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2015
Messages
1,996
When trying to find tickets with flexible routing, it can be better to look not at major junction stations, but at stations that sit halfway between two major stations.

Unfortunately, when I try this, I'm finding a lot of flows don't have season tickets available. For example liverpool to Wakefield is pretty good from a routing point of view but doesn't offer any season tickets.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top