• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best splitting for Worthing to Reading (YP Railcard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernyoshi

Member
Joined
12 Sep 2014
Messages
166
Hi, what's the cheapest way from Worthing to Reading with a YP Railcard?
The official price is £21.80 but I've got a £20.15 price from NRE by splitting Worthing-Gatwick & Gatwick-Reading but I wondered if there's any tricks I'm missing. (Travelling Sat, if that makes a difference). Thanks :)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

Member
Joined
30 Aug 2013
Messages
962
I've got it down a bit more, Worthing to Gomshall Off Peak Day Return £10.70 with Y-P Railcard, Gomshall to Reading Off Peak Day Return Y-P Railcard £7.05, total £17.75, but you must be on a train that stops at Gomshall.

Or, as all trains serve Dorking Deepdene, but not all trains from Gatwick stop at Gomshall.
Worthing to Dorking Deepdene Off Peak Day return £10.70
Dorking Deepdene to Reading Off Peak Day Return, route via Gomshall, although the train doesn't need to stop there £8, total £18.70

Anyone better this?
 

southernyoshi

Member
Joined
12 Sep 2014
Messages
166
Nice one, I'd just got it to £19.75 by splitting at Redhill but that's even better, the Dorking option. There doesn't seem to be any place for logic in the fare system :p
PS It doesn't seem that any Gomshall trains go to Gatwick, so £18.70 it is for now, thanks :)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
That's the best deal, for a fast Gatwick-Reading train anyway. Thanks :smile:
 

RJ

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2005
Messages
8,827
Location
Back office
Hi, what's the cheapest way from Worthing to Reading with a YP Railcard?
The official price is £21.80 but I've got a £20.15 price from NRE by splitting Worthing-Gatwick & Gatwick-Reading but I wondered if there's any tricks I'm missing. (Travelling Sat, if that makes a difference). Thanks :)

An Angmering to Dorking Any Permitted Off-Peak Day Return (CDR) is £8.90 with a 16-25 Railcard. It is valid via Worthing and Gatwick Airport - verified by National Rail Enquiries.

A Dorking to Reading CDR is £8.00.

Total: £16.90.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top