• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Places in UK for trainspotting classics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

austin

New Member
Joined
4 Dec 2022
Messages
2
Location
California, US
Hello! I am planning a visit to the UK in February for around 2 weeks, and I'm looking forward to doing a bit of transpotting while I'm there. I'd like to see some of the 'classic' UK diesels, like for example Class 20's. 31's, 37's, 43's, 47's, as they're what I'm most familiar with. I'll be focused mainly around London and Manchester.

Thanks,
Austin
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Halish Railway

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2017
Messages
2,177
Location
West Yorkshire / Birmingham
When around Manchester your best bet may be to go to Leeds to see a CrossCountry Class 43 HST on a day when a railtour, potentially hauled by the likes of Class 37s, 47s and 57s passes through. You can find these railtours on this website, although they haven’t uploaded the 2023 tours yet. http://www.railtourinfo.co.uk/

Generally HSTs call at the station, working the 09:11 and 11:11 to Plymouth, Mondays to Saturdays.
 

1D54

Established Member
Joined
1 Jun 2019
Messages
1,480
All of the above can be seen at the UK Rail depot at Leicester.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top