• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Place to buy rail tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACDC

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2025
Messages
73
Location
Reading
I was wondering if there are any online places that offer either cashback or some kind of loyalty bonus for buying train tickets online?
I was thinking topcashback. Ideally I would like rewards a bit like airmiles, do trainmiles exist?
I am aware there are other ways like Chase bank gives 1% cash back on their debit card. Trading 212 offers 1% and there are a bunch of crypto cards that offer cashback, but I don't trust crypto.

would love to hear comments and suggestions.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,842
There are lots and we have the Special Offers Discussion thread to, well, discuss them. But it's been running for many years so don't start at the beginning!
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,527
Location
Yorkshire
I was wondering if there are any online places that offer either cashback or some kind of loyalty bonus for buying train tickets online?
I was thinking topcashback. Ideally I would like rewards a bit like airmiles, do trainmiles exist?
I am aware there are other ways like Chase bank gives 1% cash back on their debit card. Trading 212 offers 1% and there are a bunch of crypto cards that offer cashback, but I don't trust crypto.

would love to hear comments and suggestions.
Would you prefer to pay lower fares in the process? If so, book with the forum's site, as we offer split tickets and also features such as a seat selector.

Alternatively use a cashback site, e.g. LNER does cashback on Amex, but LNER often charges more than we do for the same journeys, so overall you may be paying more.
 

ACDC

Member
Joined
4 Jan 2025
Messages
73
Location
Reading
Would you prefer to pay lower fares in the process? If so, book with the forum's site, as we offer split tickets and also features such as a seat selector.

Alternatively use a cashback site, e.g. LNER does cashback on Amex, but LNER often charges more than we do for the same journeys, so overall you may be paying more.
Thank you so much!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top