• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best ever train to run on UK mainline (excluding HS1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
Joined
16 Mar 2009
Messages
6,743
Location
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
The best specific train to run in the UK? A toss-up between two classic ltours:

5th June 1993: "The Bishops Triple" hauled by 50033 + D400 + 50007. 8,100hp at the camshafts. I saw them arriving at & departing Cheltenham. I'll forgive the Pilkington Mk1s!
2nd May 1987: "Three To The Sea" hauled by 20030 + 20064 + 20118. I saw them at their Bedford Midland pick-up.

In both cases, their departing "thrash" was a life-memorable moment. 8-)
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top