• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best Areas near/around Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dai.

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2008
Messages
1,210
Location
Wales
Hello I've looked on trainspots.co.uk and I was wondering if anyone has any spots good for the following on a Saturday:

High Speed Trains
Occasional Voyagers
180's
and a decent amount of Freight


Thanks, if you could answer before friday it would be appreciated :P
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,871
Location
Rugby
I don't know the Bristol area that well so I can't offer any location advice. However being a Saturday there won't be as much freight as a weekday and you won't see any 180s as FGW don't use them any more.
 

Dai.

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2008
Messages
1,210
Location
Wales
I don't know the Bristol area that well so I can't offer any location advice. However being a Saturday there won't be as much freight as a weekday and you won't see any 180s as FGW don't use them any more.

They don't use 180's anymore? :s

Wow, I thought they had a few.
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,191
Location
0035
Filton Abbey Wood is good but like others have said all you'll really get is units and the XC HST.
 

Dai.

Established Member
Joined
2 Aug 2008
Messages
1,210
Location
Wales
Filton Abbey Wood is good but like others have said all you'll really get is units and the XC HST.


Thanks Mojo, I don't mind if I don't get all I'm looking for in the day, gives me more of an excuse to go further afield a different day
 

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
7 Aug 2005
Messages
21,191
Location
0035
I'd also recommend a bridge north of Bristol Parkway station. Patchway station seems quite popular, but all you'll get is 4xFGW HSTs per hour and 4xUnits per hour.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top