• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Best app for live departure times?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jednick

Member
Joined
1 Apr 2013
Messages
294
Location
Worcester
I've always used the national rail app, but they changed it about a month ago and now it's awful.

Currently using the GWR app but I think there is something better out there.

If I exclude websites without apps (Real Time Trains, etc), then -

What is the best app to use for easy, quick access to live departure times? If it also had an easy and comprehensive journey planner, it would be a bonus.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Joined
23 Jan 2013
Messages
214
Location
Eccles Signal Box
Fasteroute is good if you only want to know the departures from one station since it shows everything for the next two hours in a neat and easy to follow format. However doesn't allow you to look further ahead and doesn't help when looking for journeys that involve a change of trains along the route.

Agreed about the changes to the National Rail app. In the past I mostly used it to advise customers with open tickets on which was the quickest option to get to their end destination. But when I used it a few days ago it wouldn't do anything unless a mandatory via station was included in the search. Which then rules out the many alternative routes that may actually be quicker.
 

TFN

Member
Joined
17 Aug 2017
Messages
464
Location
London
Railboard on iOS seconded. Brilliant app with a simple design and no ads.
 

liam456

Member
Joined
6 May 2018
Messages
312
I use a combination of the new feature added to the trainsplit app and also trains.gaelan.me (@Gaelan :D)

It's one of the fastest loading websites out there and used Darwin data which catches things that Realtimetrains might miss. It's just the lack of an ability to filter departures by future calling stations that means I also use the trainsplit app too.
 

DelW

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2015
Messages
6,022
Two you could look at are:
tiger.worldline.global (various display formats but doesn't include all stations)
and
trains.gaelan.me (simple, clear, and just been mentioned above ;) )
 

hi2u_uk

Member
Joined
26 Apr 2014
Messages
252
I use train track app , there is nothing special about it however it does the job of telling me when the train is going to arrive and leave from a particular station
 

Old Yard Dog

Established Member
Joined
21 Aug 2011
Messages
1,823
Railboard on iOS seconded. Brilliant app with a simple design and no ads.

Railboard on iOS seconded. Brilliant app with a simple design and no ads.

Does anybody know how to stop Railboard pushing Advance tickets when using the split ticketing option? I usually prefer a series of CDRs as I find Advance tickets induce too much stress. But I can't find a way of disabling Advance tickets. You can get two or more CDRs but you need to work out the options yourself and then buy these individually.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top